Monday, October 24, 2011

David Foster on Charice: "I love having her and she loves being with me and that's not going to change."

From PEP:


David Foster denied reports claiming that his upcoming concert with Charice would be the last time that they would perform together.

The Grammy award-winning record producer clarified that he can still work with Charice even though they are now part of different record labels.

David arrived in the Philippines last Sunday night, October 23, for the Manila leg of the David Foster And Friends concert that will take place at the Smart Araneta Coliseum this Tuesday, October 25.

The other singers who will perform in the concert include Ashanti, Philip Bailey, Russel Watson, and Michael Bolton.

"No, that kinda got misunderstood, probably 'coz of the translation. I've been with Warner Music for 26 years.

"September 30 is my last day with Warner and December 1st will be my first day with Universal Records," explained David during the concert's press conference held yesterday, October 24, at the Marriott Hotel, Resorts World Manila.

"Come December 1st, I won't be able to produce for Charice anymore because I can't take her with me. She's staying at Warner and I'm going to Universal [Records].

"But as for touring, I hope for many, many years we will always tour together [as long as] she has the time. She tours on her own.

"I love having her and she loves being with me and that's not going to change."

For her part, Charice says that her loyalty with remain with David, regardless of which label he signs up with.

"I always tell David that I'm always here for him. He's always been there for me and whatever he wants to do with me, I'm in. We're a team."

She later added, "Ang paghihiwalay, hindi yun mangyayari kahit lilipat siya sa Universal [Records].

"Pag may show siya, pag kinausap naman niya ako, nandun ako. Pag kailangan ko siya, nandiyan naman siya.

"Nandiyan pa rin naman kami para sa isa't isa kasi he's my godfather."
Read the rest of the article

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Admin deletes any comment or remark that is derogatory and/or containing adult content, hate, racism, foul or offensive language, references to illegal activities.