Monday, December 10, 2012

Charice: "I didn’t want to be a belter all my life, and ruin my voice"

From gulfnews.com:
Tsismis: Charice reveals about her image change
Singer made controversial changes to her personal life and career



By Vincent Anthon Garcia, Special to tabloid!

International singing sensation Charice Pempengco explains to tabloid! why she’s had to make controversial changes in her personal life and career.

The most obvious change people have seen in you is your physical appearance. The look has changed dramatically. Tell us why.

I’ve been very quiet about the changes in my life because I felt I didn’t feel the need to explain. Either people accept me or not. People will always have something to say, so let them say what they want to. It just came to a point that it’s getting really personal and nasty, and I just want it to stop.


So what do you want to tell your fans and critics?



That it’s still the same Charice, despite the new look and style. I just want to take my music to a different direction, one that reflects my feelings and personality. I just hope they will be as supportive as when I started.

Quite a few people are not very happy with the change. Are you aware of this?

Yes, I am. I think I have to accept that some [people] will not like the transition. The decision was also made because I didn’t want to be a belter all my life, and ruin my voice.

Are you hurt by all the negative publicity and criticism?

I try to be strong, but we’re all human. Sometimes they hurt, but I just focus on what I need to do…. what I love to do.

Your put-on accent has not be liked by people, especially on social media. What’s your reaction?

I really don’t understand all this. When I was starting, people told me you have to learn how to speak better and more confidently. When I did, they say I’m betraying my roots. You really can’t please everybody, so I’d just do my thing as long as I’m not hurting anyone.

So you’d keep the accent?

If it helps me get myself understood wherever I go, then I will. As long as I’m comfortable doing it and communicating properly, that’s all that matters from now on.

How are you feeling right now?

I actually feel good about my career. Some new exciting projects coming up, which I am not yet at liberty to talk about, but I will share it with you once everything is finalised.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Admin deletes any comment or remark that is derogatory and/or containing adult content, hate, racism, foul or offensive language, references to illegal activities.