Sunday, October 23, 2011

Michael Bolton Talks About Charice: She's Amazing!

From Philstar.com:
How Michael makes you feel his love

Why didn’t you include a Filipino artist like Charice who’s a protégé of David Foster who worked with you on the album? Do you know her?

“Oh yes, I know. I wish I had met her sooner. But I am going to be working with her on this tour — you know, David Foster and Friends. Charice and I are working on a little surprise, so I do have a chance to perform with her. She’s amazing!”

Is David also involved in your and Charice’s “little surprise”?

“Hmmmmm. As I said, it’s a ‘little surprise.’ David is a pleasure to work with. In Gems, he’s involved in three tracks: The Prayer (with Lara Fabian), and a medley of When A Man Loves A Woman (with Seal) and It’s A Man’s, Man’s, Man’s World (also with Seal and James Brown joining in). Performing with David and Charice in Manila would be fun. I asked David if Charice and I could sing together and next thing I knew he got back to me and said, ‘Yes, you could.’ I don’t want to tell you what it is Charice and I are going to do but my plan is that Charice and I can do something together onstage.”

(Foster was quoted as saying, “I woke up at 6 o’clock one morning with the idea that these two songs [the medley] could go together, with these two great voices from different genres, and they embraced it. This is a powerful, powerful moment. It’s a real shootout, and it’s impossible to say who wins because they’re both amazing.”)

Oops! The “little surprise” is out of the bag, partly.

“Okay, we might do a recording together.”
Read the full article

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Admin deletes any comment or remark that is derogatory and/or containing adult content, hate, racism, foul or offensive language, references to illegal activities.